Step 2 - Activating Your Domain Name
How do I activate my domain name?
For your domain name to be activated, please check if the following condition has been met:
1. For new domain name registration (you purchase/register the domain from SiveHost.com)
- There is nothing needs to be done from your side. If you just bought the domain name when ordering SiveHost.com hosting services, please allow up to 24 hours before your domain name is accessible through your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
2. If you already own your domain name and is keeping your domain name with your current domain provider/registrar:
- Please update your domain name to point to our name servers which you will get on your welcome email - See below for detailed instruction
- If you have update your domain's DNS to point to our DNS servers, you can try to refresh your own computer's DNS cache by doing the following:
- 1. On Windows, click on the Start button, then click Run, typeÂ cmd and click Ok.
- 2. You should get C:\> - ....if you don't get this try and type "cd .." until you get C:\>
- 3. Do this: C:\>ipconfig /flushdns
- 4. C:\>ping yourdomain.com
- 5. After you do the ping, you should see the same IP Address as you see in your New Account Information. If your IP is still pointing to our IP Address, simply allow 24 hours for your ISP to refresh their DNS cache.
Was this answer helpful?
How do I publish or create my website? While this question has so many aspects to cover, we will...
Enable authentication for your SMTP server When this happens, you can configure your outgoing...
Â What should I expect after placing an order? Our order processing system works as follows:...
Skeleton Directory Click the Account Functions icon. First, let's look at the Skeleton...
An FTP account is used for uploading and managing files on your website. An FTP account is...