How to Upload a File using the File Manager
You can upload your files directly through cPanel using the File Manager. File Manager is a web interface that allows you to manage all files associated with your account.
This following video demonstrates some common tasks that can be accomplished with File Manager, including uploading, renaming and deleting files.
cPanel's File Manager may look slightly different depending on which version of cPanel your server is running, however, the functionality described in the video is the same.
How to Upload a File Using File Manager
To upload a file through cPanel's File Manager, please do the following:
- Login to cPanel.
- Under Files, clickÂ File Manager.
- SelectÂ Web Root andÂ Show Hidden Files, then clickÂ Go.
- Click to open the folder to which you'd like to upload files.
- ClickÂ Upload from the top toolbar.
- ClickÂ Browse (some web browsers will haveÂ Choose File instead).
- Select the file on your computer that you wish to upload.
- Once the file has been selected, it will automatically upload. You may select additional files while uploads are in progress.
After uploading files to your account, you may wish to share them over the internet.
To learn more about finding the shareable URL for your files, please read:
Was this answer helpful?
Essential ftp Commands Table 29–3 Essential ftp Commands Command Description...
Using multiple PHP versions on one account When using different software on one account, you...
One of the first server-level compromises I had to deal with in my life was around 12 ago, and it...
How to whitelist an IP Address in ConfigServe Firewall (CSF) config server Firewall (CSF) allows...
Reseller Hosting is, simply put, the ability to re-sell SiveHost.com Hosting's servers,...