Two Factor Authentication for cPanel
- SSH into your server with the root user.
- Type the following commands:cd /tmp/
git clone https://github.com/steadramon/cpanel_addon-twostepauth.git
- Wait for the installation to finish then log into your WHM as the root user.
- Use the search bar to find Configure Security Policies.
- Click the check box next to TwoStepAuth Security Policy and hitsave.
- Use the search bar again to look up cPanel Two Step Auth. Click on it to proceed.
- Click Config.
- Select the Enable radio option then click save. Once you have done this you may click Return.
- Now that we have the plugin enabled, log into your cPanel account and find the icon for TwoStepAuth. Click on it to proceed.
- Once the plugin loads click enable and scan the QR code with your Google Authenticator app.
- Next time you log into your cPanel account it will ask for a code after you have logged in with your username and password. Enter the six digit code from your Google Authenticator app then click theTwoStepAuth_authenticate button
Was this answer helpful?
Click here for the Simple and Advanced DNS Zone Editor Instructions
Installing scripts through Softaculous is quite a simple task. To access Softaculous, log...
We begin to login at the Portal Home. This is the Login Page for the Client Area of WHMCS. It...
INTRODUCTION This article walks you through using cPanel's built-in Account Transfer tool,...
How do I login to CpanelWe begin to login at the Portal Home. This is the Login Page for the...