If you are already familiar with the domain transfer process, go ahead and request a transfer following these instructions:Â SiveHost International Domains.
To transfer your domain name registration to SiveHost please follow the directions below. Registration transfers usually take 5 to 7 days to process.
- Why Domain Transfers Typically Fail (please read first)
- Pre-Transfer Checklist
- Transferring Your Domain
- Important Notes, Pitfalls & Warnings
If you're looking to migrate files and content, you can find instructions on doing this in the following article:
There are two settings that must be correct on your domain in order to make the domain transfer successful. Please check these two settings before submitting a transfer request.
- Email Address: You must check to make sure the email address on your domain is correct and working. Once you start the transfer, the current registrar is going to email this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn't your email or doesn't work, you can't respond to this email and the transfer will fail.
- Domain Lock: You must make sure the domain isn't locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer will fail.
How To Check Settings
You can check both of the above settings by going to:https://www.domaintools.com. Once there:
- Type your domain name (e.g.Â yourdomain.com) in theÂ Whois Lookup field and clickÂ Submit.
- In theÂ Administrative Contact field, check to ensure that your email address is correct.
- UnderÂ Status, if the status says "locked," you must get this changed before initializing the transfer.
To have the above settings altered, you must contact the registrar (the company where you bought the domain) and ask them to make the necessary changes. Some registrars let you make these changes yourself from within their control panel.
To transfer your domain:
- Please review theÂ Pre-Transfer Checklist above.
- Go to:Â https://www.sive.host/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=64
- OR https://www.sive.host/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
- Enter your domain in the text field in the center of the page and clickÂ Check Availability.
- After confirming that the domain meets all criteria to transfer, click Click to continue.
- If you would like to purchase Domain Privacy Protection with the transfer service, keep theÂ Domain ID Protection box checked; otherwise, uncheck the box.
- Enter theÂ EPP Key you received from your current registrar, Click on update cart
- Once you have read theÂ Terms of Service, check the box to confirm that you agree.
- ClickÂ Complete Order.
After submitting the request, you will receive an authorization email to the registrant email address on the domain; respond to this accordingly with your confirmation.
Domain Transfer Authorization Email
You may need to whitelist or addÂ email@example.com to your email address book to ensure that you receive the domain transfer authorization email.
Additional Payment & Domain Options
Changing Name Servers or Contact Information
Expired Domains & Domains in Redemption
Domains can be transferred while they are expired, but not while inÂ redemption. While you can transfer an expired domain name, no updates can be made to an expired domain. So if you need to update your email address to a new email address, you would need to renew the domain name with the current registrar before you can update the information.
60 Day Rule
You may not transfer a domain unless it has been at the current registrar for at least 60 days.
Renewal Less than 45 Days Ago
If you transfer a domain to us which has been renewed at the previous registrar less than 45 days ago, the domain will not receive an additional year when the transfer completes.
If you transfer the domain after 45 days of renewing it, then you will receive an additional year added to your registration. This is a registry restriction that applies to all registrars.